Tourist Visa on Arrival
The foreign national of following Eleven countries viz.
1.Finland 2.Japan 3.Luxembourg 4.New Zealand 5.Singapore 6. Cambodia 7. Vietnam 8. Philippines 9. Laos 10.Myanmar 11.Indonesia
can get a Tourist Visa on arrival with a maximum validity of 30 days with single entry facility by the Immigration officer at Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai and Kolkata Airports and NOT in any other Immigration Check Posts(ICPs).
( immigrationindia.nic.in )
1 2 3 4 5 6 Required Documents
A Tourist Visa-on-Arrival shall be granted to a foreigner who is a national of Finland, Japan, Luxembourg, New Zealand , Singapore, Cambodia, Vietnam, Philippines, Laos, Myanmar and Indonesia.
- Whose sole objective of visiting India is recreation, sight seeing, casual visit to meet friends or relatives etc and no other purpose/ activity;
- Who does not have a residence or occupation in India;
- Who holds a passport with minimum six months validity, and a re-entry .permit if that is required under the law of the country of nationality of the applicant;
- Who is a person of assured financial standing ( the production of a return ticket and availability of sufficient money to spend during his stay in India may be considered sufficient for this purpose).
- Who is not a person-non-grata to the Government of India;
- Who is not considered an undesirable person and is not the subject of a black list or any warning circular or other restrictive list;Note:
- A citizen from the above-named countries who wants to come to India for a longer duration should be granted a visa of the appropriate category by the Indian Mission/Post concerned.
- This facility shall not be available to the citizens of above-named countries if the person or either of his/ her parents or grandparents (paternal or maternal) was born in , and was permanently resident in Pakistan. Such persons can visit India after obtaining appropriate visa from the Indian Mission/ Post concerned.
A Tourist Visa-on-Arrival will be valid for entry and stay into India within the period of its validity subject to conditions specified. The Immigration officer may grant single entry Tourist Visa-on-Arrival up to 30 days to nationals of Finland, Japan, Luxembourg, New Zealand, Singapore , Cambodia, Vietnam, Philippines, Laos, Myanmar and Indonesia.
Tourist Visa-on-Arrival shall be non-extendable and non-convertible. At the time of issue of Tourist Visa-on-Arrival, the Immigration officer must make it clear to the foreigner that a Tourist Visa-on-Arrival can neither be extended nor converted to any other kind visa during his/her stay in India except in the following circumstances and with the prior approval of the Ministry of Home Affairs:
a) Tourist Visa-on-Arrival may be converted to 'X' (Entry) Visa if a foreigner who has come to India on Tourist Visa-on-Arrival marries an Indian national during the validity of his/her Tourist Visa-on-Arrival. Such conversion would be considered subject to fulfilment of following conditions:
- Submission of a copy of a Registered Marriage Certificate, and
- Report from the concerned FRO/FRRO about their marital status which will, inter-alia, include his/her antecedents, confirmation about their living together and security clearance.b) Tourist Visa-on-Arrival of the foreigners who fall ill after their entry into India rendering them unfit to travel and require specialized medical treatment may be converted to Medical visa if they are eligible for grant of Medical Visa and medical certificate is obtained from the government / government recognized hospitals. In such a case, Tourist Visa-on-Arrival of the attendant accompanying the foreigner( whose Tourist Visa-on-Arrival is converted to Medical Visa) may also be converted into Medical Attendant[Med-X] visa co-terminus with the Medical visa of the Foreigner.
A fee of US $60/- or an equivalent amount in Indian rupees per passenger( including children) will be charged from each foreigner for the grant of Tourist Visa-on-Arrival.
Tourist Visa-on-Arrival shall be allowed for a maximum of two times in a calendar year to a foreigner with a minimum gap of two months between each visit.The Tourist Visa-on-Arrival facility shall not be applicable to holders of Diplomatic/ Official passports.
1 Passport with 6 month validity 2 2 Passport size photographs 3 Photo copy of passport 4 Hotel booking confirmation if possible 5 On production of Return Ticket