Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Commercial Market,Q8



This Friday visited Commercial Market with my friend Surekha and her family. This was my second visit in my three and half years stay in Kuwait. First time I visited was before Mehr was born. We were wandering in Kuwait City and we came across this market. After that many visits were planned but it never materialized.


Commercial Market” is a popular name among Indian, Kuwaiti and Pakistani ladies. This market complex is in Kuwait City near the Liberation Towers. From outside it is just an old ordinary building. But as you enter you will be surprised to see lines of shops selling cloths of various textures, curtains, carpets, churidars and saris from India, Pakistan, Singapore and Korea. You need to bargain here. There is a famous shop call Meena Bazar which is famous for saris. There a many shops where you will get things for crafts; nice, unique laces and buttons .A place surely ladies will love. You can buy cloths to gift people back at home which they will certainly love.

I purchased few churidar pieces which I found very unique and heavily embroidered ….thought it will make perfect dress for any party.

No comments: