Sunday, April 08, 2012

Visit to Display Center Ahmadi Q8


After I landed in Kuwait, I made a list of places to be visited. Display Center in Ahmadi was one of them. My hubby is a very eager person when it comes to exploring places but for some reason he was not eager to take me to Display Center. We have visited Ahmadi innumerable times and every time he tells me that there is nothing much to see at Display Center as he had visited it once.


Few days back, he had some work at Ahmadi and I insisted that he drops me and my daughter at Display Center and he had to agree. 



The moment I entered the Display Center, it reminded me of my visit to the ONGC Oil Museum at Dehradun,India. I understood why my husband was not eager to bring me here.As a wife of a person who has been working with oil company's for years, I know the process/story of oil well.


Anyway, I loved my visit to the KOC Display Centre which is a ultra-modern audio-visual museum and the museum is devoted to the history of oil, from geological formation through exploration, drilling, and recovery of Kuwait’s oil industry, past and present.



KOC Display Centre was founded in 1956 aiming to give its visitors the opportunity to have a tour through which they can gain information about the company and its production operations.It was then simply telling the story of oil throught photos, statistics, some maquettes and documentations. the Display Centre was developed, renewed and expanded in 1965, 1978, and 1996 to match the expansion of the company's operations and its increasing production.

In 2008 the Display Center was updated and renewed once again, thus giving a more comprehensive picture about KOC and its Operations, in addition to some idea about the technologies used in oil and natural gas production as well as oil facilities affiliated to the company. The Display Center also includes a section for documenting the events of the defunct Iraqi regime invasion and the biggest environmental disaster it caused in modern history by burning of Kuwait oil fields.

It is open by appointment, tel 2398 2393 / 2398 9111 / 2398 1678. KOC can also arrange for groups to tour the oil fields themselves.

No comments: