Thursday, January 05, 2012

How to Get Jordan-ian Visa?

Jordan is India friendly country. Like Dubai, Indians can get Visa on arrival. But then I thought why not apply in Kuwait, as I wanted to surprise my husband. I had no knowledge what is required, where is the embassy, how much is the visa fees etc.

So I checked the net , and got the address....


Jordanian Embassy in Kuwait City, Kuwait
Jabriya, Block 5, Street 1, Villa 20
P.O. Box 39891
Kuwait 73059
Kuwait

 Telephone(+965) 2 531-2293 / 4 / 5

 Telefax(+965) 2 531-2291

 E-mailkuwait@fm.gov.jo

 Website

 Office Hours08.00-15.00


I called the embassy and asked how many days it will be required to get the visa, what documents were required and what is the fees?

The person replied that I will get it in 1day, only passport and 1 passport photo is required and that visa fees per person is 15Kd.

I took all the required documents; also passport xerox copy and tickets(in case I need it). But it was not at all required. I reached around 9.15am, filled the visa form for all 3 of us and applied. The form is very simple. You need to fill your name, address(Kuwait), contact address in Jordan (give your agents name) and hotels you will stay.They called me at 2pm to collect our visa's. I paid 45KD(15x3), kept our passports and the filled up forms. I returned and went back at 1.30pm and our visa's were already ready.

To find the embassy was not a problem at all as I took our taxi driver PANDEE. He knows Kuwait quite well.     

No comments: